Hi, I am Stephanie, a Marketing Manager for Jack in The Box clothing line. To the world I am considered a mover and shaker, nothing seems to bother me. I am confident, driven, focus and committed to others. I am in constant movement. I am the person you call when you need something to be done. I take care of my family, my pet and I have a diverse pool of friends to hangout with. No one knows that when I am by myself, alone, I sometimes feel very unsure and lost. I work best alone, I love to go to the movies by myself, I love the 1 hour silence when I walk with my dog, I hate other people’s kids, and I would love to quit my job. Plus, I read steamy love stories to fantasize about my unexplored sex life. This is my secret relationship with myself.
A relationship with yourself is knowing who you are, what you want, and what makes you unique. In addition, it is the things you do when you are alone and you prefer not to share this moment with anyone else.
When you think about it, ask yourself “How would I define the relationship that I have with myself?”
- Are you best friends with yourself?
- Can you be alone and enjoy yourself?
- Do you love yourself?
- Do you abuse yourself?
- Do you have self-doubt?
- Are you happy with yourself?
- Can you describe yourself not including your job title, career status, relationship status, class system, religious affiliation or lack of, sexuality, friendships, role in society, culture or family status?
What would your description say?
Consider this when developing a relationship with yourself:
- Know your TRUTH.
- What do you like?
- What do you dislike?
- What turns you on?
- What turns you off?
- What is your vision of life with or without the people around you?
- How do you see your TRUE self, not what people perceive of you?
- Are you doing what you want to do with yourself?
I am my friend, I am my family, I am my cheerleader, I am great, because I am important to me!