Yes, I was told I am “The Healthy One”…
I felt like an outcast in some way, then I asked myself “Why Are People so Scared of Eating Healthy?”
Is it Finance? Education? Belief systems? Laziness? Needing immediate gratification? Or has unhealthy eating simply become a habit?
Why are the Healthy Eaters the outsiders? Hmmmm… We are just trying to feel good.
Do you feel bloated, uncomfortable, have bad skin, lack of concentration, irritability, weight gain etc….? Why not try to change the way you eat?
Small Note: I am not trying to be skinny nor am I trying to be righteous, I just want to stay fit…. 40 is right around the corner!!!
Here is 10 Steps to Help you Towards the Road to Healthy Eating:
1) Watch “Food Maters”!, “Forks Over Knives”, Oh don’t forget! “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” This is ALL on Netflix.
2) Detox – Find the best detox system that fits your schedule
3) Make a list for the grocery store (the first time may take you a couple of hours)
- Grocery Shopping in this fashion will become second nature after a few times.
- Don’t Forget NO Junk Food or things with High Sodium, High Fructose Corn Syrup and White Sugar. (eat plain cereal) It is not sooo bad… Product: Back to Nature is excellent
- Change your Spices. Add Sea Salt, Fresh Ground Pepper, Single Herbs not Blends. Your Taste Buds will Thank You.
- For your Kids: Water, Water & MORE Water! Limit their Intake of Junk Food… (The C´s: Chips, Condiments, Candy, Chocolate, Cookies etc). A good tip: Buy Natural Cookies, Chips etc. Buy a large box and give them a few for the taste, but not to get them full. Trust Me, Young Kids, don’t Even Realize the reduction. Try to cut bad habits.
- Your Kids Eat What you Buy them… They do not have Money!!!
- Your Kids need to exercise and stay fit!
5) Eat In Moderation (Use a Smaller Plate; This way the plate does not look empty. Or Eat a 1/2 of what you are craving, then get rid of the rest) 🙂
6) Choose the lighter option on the Menu (Trust Me, it actually taste better)
7) Try to get your Juicing ON – at least for a weekend! http://www.doctoroz.com
8) Cleanse at least Twice a Year (I mean a bowel cleanse – Laxative)
- MLK Weekend is coming Up… What a great time for a Cleanse! Kids Can Cleanse As Well! Helps with Pimples…
9) Clean Eating! www.cleaneatingmag.com
10) Water, Water, Water (Sparkling Water, Regular Water, NO Flavored Water)..
TRY Eating Healthy for 1 Week!!!
Let Me Know How you Feel! 🙂